Advertisement

The Commute: Walking 90km to work

The Commute: Walking 90km to work Setting off with no food, water or shelter, I walked 90km to work a bunch of years ago to see if a stripped back adventure could give me the kind of buzz that far away, exotic, heavily planned expeditions have given me over the years. It did. Different, but familiar feelings of challenge and insight came through. When I was asked to give a lecture about adventuring at a new building at my university, I said ‘no worries, why don’t I walk to work and deliver the lecture as soon as I get there’? So I walked to work, again.

-

Produced and Directed by
BEAU MILES

Produced and Edited by
MITCH DRUMMOND

Filmed by
MITCH DRUMMOND
BRETT CAMPBELL
BEAU MILES
RODNEY DEKKER

Final Sound Mix
JAMES DOBSON

Dates of walks
First walk: October 2014
Second walk: July 2018

Music:
Questions by Bell Always
Fast Car by Bell Always
Vuelta al soul by Tomas Novoa
Seis Continentes by Tomas Novoa
The Great Enlightenment by Geva Alon

Adventure,Backyard Adventure,Beau Miles,Documentary,Long walk,Journey,

Post a Comment

0 Comments