Advertisement

Skyway- A Complicated Fantasy (Official Video)

Skyway- A Complicated Fantasy (Official Video) This was filmed last February, I wrote the song a few years ago and gave it kinda a chill lo-fi feel. Thanks to everyone who helped watch kids so we could trudge through snow and run around a cabin for this! And huge thanks to Rebecca Mabey for being so much fun as we rushed to film everything in one day with three low-battery cameras!


Lyrics:

(Verse 1)
The air smells like maple syrup, dear
Makes me wish that you were here
I’m a mess, I’m a clutz, and tryna steer this ship ashore
It’d be easier with you
Open window, papers across the floor
All the people telling me “want it more”
But I’m a wreck and wondering if I should just let down my guard
Let’s see how far I go
-
(Chorus)
This is no fairytale, this is just me
We are no storybook, just a complicated fantasy
And this cold house is a castle or a cage
You can be my prince and try to save me
Love notes, dead rose, it’s a complicated fantasy
-
(Verse 2)
It’s times like this I like to think
With the cold of winter on my skin
Maybe if I hold you close, it would just tear me apart
Spread me out and leave me raw
Second story window I sit quiet
And low I know, the fire dies
Set my book down, watch the rain, and wonder just how far you are
But you’re written on my heart



Song written and sung by: Jessica Haskin
Filmed and directed by: Effervescent Media Works

Video)

Post a Comment

0 Comments