Advertisement

I Found Filter Fabric By The Yard BTY & I Share My Source With YOU Sew DIY filti Easy Sew mask

I Found Filter Fabric By The Yard BTY & I Share My Source With YOU Sew DIY filti Easy Sew mask about I Found #filti Filter Fabric By The Yard BTY & I Share My Source With YOU Sew DIY filter material

Bridal Sewing Techniques
Like I said, they haven't sponsored this video, and I am not a filter scientist. I don't make any claims. You can research them for yourself. They can be found at filti.com

My Sewing Machine on Amazon:


To make your own pattern, check my blog:


Full step by step tutorial on making this mask included free pdf of pattern:

Cost:
The Filti website says their 24.99 cut of fabric can make approximately 50-75 masks. I'm sure it depends on the pattern you use. That sets your filter materials cost at around 50 cents per mask. That seems very fair to me for an advanced filtering fabric.



About Shipping Rates: Even though I'm not associated with Filti, I checked with them on this. They said it isn't up to them. The price is set by UPS. The logistics systems in the U.S. are under unprecedented pressure right now, and shipping prices reflect that. Some people are co-oping to alleviate this, but shipping is just a really tough industry right now. Drivers are all running 6 days, service hours restrictions are lifted due to National Emergency status, overtime is on the rise.
Filti has only recently opened up to direct to consumer sales. They are not set up for the current volume of orders, (like so many suppliers now.) They are only able to sell this fabric while supplies last.
Here is a statement from them:
"Filti team is working 24/7 to meet the unprecedented need for this fabric. We have plenty of material and underestimated the amount of customer support we would need. We are responding to as many as we can. We are grateful for your understanding about this and the increased logistics cost and delays due to the current COVID-19 crisis. We will ship orders out but are not guaranteeing any delivery dates as UPS is backed up.
Co-founder Dakota Hendrickson"


Where to purchase:

The one element that I think would be a helpful supplement from my previous video (that I have now pulled) is the nose piece instruction. I basically took about 4 inches of millinery wire, turned the ends in, so there was not a poking hazard, hot glued those ends to further soften the ends, then sewed them to a piece of fabric about 1.5 tall, 4 inches wide. That's how I made the little nose piece that we sew in this tutorial. See diagram in my blog post.

I've pulled my previous mask video because people are again claiming they contained fiberglass. I called the manufacturer of the filters and they affirmed that they do not. I also confirmed this with a Hvac professional and a scientist whose career focus is filters. The previous video stated over and over to do your own research. I claimed nothing. I clearly even said that the manufacturer does not recommend their product to be used for mask fabric. The CDC says last resort should be 2 layers of tightly woven cotton. I still say the same thing with this video. The CDC does not recommend this. You have to research and do what you are comfortable with for your health's sake.

#learntosew #creative #howto
Please, feel welcome to engage with my channel! If you have a question, comment below, and I will try to answer it. I may even make a video just for you! Please hit "like", *share* this with friends that are interested in taking their sewing to an advanced level, and of course, the all important- "Subscribe!"

For more information on products that I use and opportunities to shadow me at my studio, please visit me at www.bridalsewingtechniques.com I also have blog posts and info about my book.

This channel is here to help you make your transition from sewing a mix of things into specializing in bridal. Please click subscribe and also comment below if you have any questions. I'm here to help you on your journey! See my vid about how to know when you are ready to sew bridal:

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Please, feel welcome to engage with my channel! If you have a question, comment below, and I will try to answer it. I may even make a video just for you! Please hit "like", *share* this with friends that are interested in taking their sewing to an advanced level, and of course, the all important- "Subscribe!"

wedding gown sewing,alterations,advanced sewing techniques,free sewing lessons,DIY wedding gown sewing,bridal gown sewing,learn to sew,

Post a Comment

0 Comments