Advertisement

90 minute illustration challenge 4

90 minute illustration challenge 4 Do this fun illustration challenge with artist Bobby Chiu and get better at art! Download the same image as Bobby is using here:
or look up "Frederic Remington Moonlight Wolf"
During this exercise, your challenge will be to paint an illustration in 90 minutes inspired by the photo reference. Paint along with Bobby and see how he does it.
Share your own results by posting it with #90MINARTCHALLENGE
Follow Bobby on Instagram
Painting by Fredric Remington (1861-1909)

Questions from the audience:

4:43 - When you're starting out how do you critique your own work?
9:57 -I like to draw more illustrative some say is my style but I am afraid I draw this way because I don't know how to draw more realistic and I am naive. Any advice?
12:40 - Should I focus on doing commissions or just focus on building my portfolio?
21:30 - How do you figure out which avenue to take when there are so many different pathways you could take?
29:12 - I seem to practice all the time but I can't seem to get the job, I can't get any further. Any advice?
35:28 - I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start and I lose confidence. Should I put more effort into painting? Is there a system to focus on one specific thing?
38:11 - How can I get over self doubt and stop second-guessing myself? I feel it's important to question what I do and how to evolve, but having a hard time just doing it.
43:20 - Can you tell us more about the artist workout on Schoolism?
46:37 - What if I start working in animation and then want to switch to game concept art, would people be willing to hire me regardless of what I did before?
48:44 - How fast do you need to be able to draw in order to have a chance in the gaming industry as a concept artist?
51:50 - Is it ok to hate every drawing you've posted after 10 minutes? I kinda like it when I draw it, but showing it is a huge problem. Do you have any tips?
55:54 - Have you ever had the feeling that you've fooled everybody and cheated somehow that you can draw good, and you don't deserve to work in the industry? Or be an artist?
59:02 - What are the life events in your life you still find funny and make you laugh?
1:07:03 - Is there a perfect study for a personal piece like a ratio? I do a lot of studies but never put them into practice.
1:10:13 - What did you struggle with in this painting? What did you think of the reflection of the wolf?
1:26:13 - What light and color course could you recommend for a non-newby artist? Sam Nielson or Tonko House? Huge thank you for Schoolism, it helps me A LOT

challenge

Post a Comment

0 Comments